With school coming to an end and summer break here, June is the perfect time to get the summer started off right with an organized kids room that will make summer time a breeze! Kids’ rooms can be a challenge, but with a few tips you can you help your child clean up and organize their room with less stress and hassle? The solution often involves installing some kind of shelving and storage, which the professionals at Handyman Connection of Colorado Springs can help. Here are a few tips to help with the process.
- Involve your child. Help your child understand the importance of a clean and organized room, and how they can help keep it that way. Discuss problem areas and which organizational system makes more sense to your child. If they help come up with the solutions, children are typically more likely to follow through with the solutions and better able to understand where things should go and how to keep the room organized.
- Reduce clutter. When creating an organization system for your kids, start by determining what all they have. Help them sort through their stuff to see what they need and actively use. Help them in deciding what items should be kept, and what items should be donated, sold, or discarded.
- Keeping it simple. Use baskets, storage boxes, bins or shelving to group similar items together. Be sure to label what goes in each, to make items east to find and easy to return when no longer in use. You can use name labels for a shared bedroom. Color-coded containers are helpful as well, especially for smaller children. .
- Start at the bottom and move to the top. Start organizing from the floor, up. Make sure the most used items are the easiest to access. Place items that are only needed occasionally, such as seasonal items on higher shelves or hanging closet space.
- Staying focused. Work with and encourage your child to maintain their organized room by putting items away when no longer needed and tidying up the bedroom before going to bed each night. When your child gets something new, encourage them to donate one of the old ones.
Do You Need a Handyman?
Now that your kid’s bedroom is organized, what other areas of your home are in need of help? Do you need additional shelves in your pantry or closets? Or perhaps cabinetry in the kitchen or bathroom? Could your interior or exterior use a fresh coat of paint? Let us give your home the professional attention it deserves! Call Handyman Connection of Colorado Springs at 1-719-884-2639 to arrange a free, no-obligation project estimate. We are committed to craftsmanship and great customer service, and we guarantee you’ll love the work we do on your home!